This is the most prominent question that strikes the mind of most people. If you are wondering how to choose a good painter, you have landed up in the right space. Well, most of the times whenever you’re looking for a good painter you go and ask your friends, or speak to some of the most famous agencies in your area. But, is it the right way how you approach people especially painters. Many times, you hire painters to paint your house but you are not satisfied with the results. Hence, we shall help you as to how to choose a painter
- Make a plan! This plan should have details regarding all rooms you need to paint and the colours that you need to use. This is because generally, you might require a double coat or even triple coat of paint in some of the rooms. This keeps up the quality of the wall and makes it look dense. Apart from this we also need to focus on the budgetary aspects, considering the best quality.
- You need to know the various types of paints available in the market. For example, there are different types of planes including oil-based or latex. If you are using latex, it is washable as compared to oil-based paints. On the other hand, if you use oil paints, they are more bright and appealing. You may reach out to the best interior designers in Bangalore to know more about paints.
- You need to be more specific regarding the type of painter you need. For example, if you want to paint a commercial property, you require a licensed painter. On the other hand, you can hire union painters, who are just in their training period. It is advised to always hire a licensed printer for better quality work.
- You need to meet multiple contractors call them continuously to keep a check on their working style. You can even spend hours in their office to understand the pros and cons.
- You need to get an estimation before finding a painting contractor. This may include the cost of labour, material, primer and paints and other necessary equipment. Moreover, the brand you use in painting your house can also contribute to your budget.
- Choose the best painters in your area and check out the reviews on the websites or find testimonies. You can contact previous clients or people who have witnessed the services of the painters. This generates films and trust in the minds of people. You feel more reliable when there is a connection.
- Before you make a deal, make sure that you negotiate. Play them a reasonable amount that includes their hard work and time.
- Keep your expectations clearly in front of the painter rather than beating around the bush. Be very clear in your terms and conditions to avoid future damages. Try to be curious and asked plenty of questions before locking the amount.
- Make sure that you come up with a contract letter that has the total cost, name, address, phone number, license number, or identity proof, and details about the work. In the case of fraudulent activities, this formal contract can help you leave the funds.
- Be clear with all the activities that are required to be done before painting including house wash, plastering, scraping, sanding, priming and masking.
- Another important aspect is to ask the painter regarding the time that he would take in completing the work. You would want your painting job to get over in a minimum of 3-4 days if you have a really large house. Be considerate and generous, and ask your painter to get done with everything within a minimum period.
- Ask for guarantees so that if you’re not satisfied with the work, you can claim and ask the painter to do things properly. There can be situations where paint is peeling, chipping, blistering after a certain period. Guarantee to help you claim money or make the painter do work again.
- Do not give more than 20% in advance. This could be because of two reasons, firstly, you do not trust the person. The printer could be a fraud or a scammer. Secondly, once you give advance payment people do not tend to complete their work with a hundred per cent determination.
- When anyone is injured on your premises, your insurer will be responsible for the costs; if they become damaged, this can be very costly. What if a novice user ignites a fire with a heat gun? Still ask for a copy of their insurance certificate and read it thoroughly. This is better accomplished through the interview process.
So, here are some of the most common concerns that you need to keep in mind before appointing a painter. It is not a difficult job but seems to be a bit complex because you need to choose the right person to paint your house. It would be best if you have a painter who is trusted or someone who has gained a good reputation in the market. If you feel all of this is very complicated, you may reach out to the best interior designers in Bangalore and check out their services. Be very careful in making selections. You won’t get your house painted every month, hence be patient and make wise choices. In the end, do what makes you feel right.